“Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
—Hans Christian Andersen
Wilderness/Farm Coed Summer Kids Day Camps
Max Enrollment: 24 (8 per mentor)
Kids 1 Week Camp Ten Sessions Offered
- Session 1: June 11 - June 15, 2018
- Session 2: June 18 - June 22, 2018
- Session 3: June 25 - June 29, 2018
- Session 4: July 2 - July 6, 2018
- Session 5: July 9 - July 13, 2018
- Session 6: July 16 - July 20, 2018
- Session 7: July 23 - July 27, 2018
- Session 8: July 30 - Aug. 3, 2018
- Session 9: Aug. 6 - Aug. 10, 2018
- Session 10: Aug. 13 - Aug. 17, 2018
Location: Boundary County Idaho, Sawtooth Forest
Type of Camp: Day Camp
- First Day Camper $300
- Second camp or camper from same family 20% off of second camp enrolled of any 2018 summer camp of equal or lesser value
- Third or more camp or camper from same family 30% off of third or more camps enrolled of any 2018 summer camp of equal or lesser value
Activities: Horseback Riding, Archery, Tomahawk, Shelter Building, Fly Tying, Rappelling, Rock Climbing, Woodcraft, Primitive Skills, Animal Tracking, Awareness Games, Air Rifles, Gardening, Livestock Chores, Art, Crafts, and more
Prerequisite: Must be able to follow directions and be passionate about being in the wilderness and learning a majority of the activities listed above.
Skill Level: Basic to Intermediate
Description: This basic wilderness farming day camp is intended to introduce the kids to the forest and farm to explore and play. We will work on some skills to help make them confident and self-reliant in nature. Participants will learn and practice survival/primal/woodcraft skills in a legal and ethical manner.
Details: These coed wilderness day camps offer participants a great opportunity to connect with nature through outdoor adventures that are exciting and fun!
The boys and girls will spend their days exploring the creeks and meadows. Campers will learn how to stay safe in the wildlands. Campers will learn what plants to avoid and what plants are useful. The campers will connect to the mammals found in the area, what we can learn from their tracks, what birds are in the area and what they are telling us. Campers will have ample time to have free play and just be kids.
Pickup and dropoff will be available in Bonners Ferry. Picking up at 7:30am and returning at either 3:30 or 5:30pm.
*Sessions, dates, prices, programs, location subject to change.