“Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.” George Washington
FAQ – Do You Have a Dress Code?
Answer – Yes
Specific elements clothing requirements are stated in the Student/Parent Handbook.
We maintain this dress code for several reasons:
- Northwestern Outdoor Leadership Institute strives to maintain learning environment that functions well and is free from unnecessary distractions and annoyances. Our students’ emphasis should be on learning not clothing
- Having good hygiene, good grooming and appropriateness of dress are all core routines and habits of successful people
- to underscore the our seriousness of purpose by encouraging students to think of their attire as an aspect of their work
- Proper clothing is as important and the tools used by the tradesmen and is key to success as the skills of leadership is to the statesman
- to eliminate the self-consciousness and social competition that fashion tends to promote
- to promote a sense of identity with the school and among the students as a group as well as their future careers
Northwestern Outdoor Leadership maintains three standard of dress
- In the Field, Farm, or Shop our students will wear what professionals in their field of work wear
- At Casual Events such as fairs, shows, conferences our students will represent us and themselves through their attire in a professional manner
- At Presentations our students will wear traditional conservative business attire or the FFA dress uniform